Enjoyed this article and would like more fun articles about what to do, eat, and see while in Vietnam? Follow us at the 4U Trip blog.
How to get to Con Dao from Ho Chi Minh City, Can Tho, Vung Tau and Soc Trang
Con Dao or Con Son, Con Lon Island is an archipelago of 16 islands, located in southern Vietnam, 230km from Ho Chi Minh City. Con Son is the main island of the group, home to the largest city called the archipelago, Con Dao. The only airport of the archipelago – Cỏ Ống is located in this city.
To get there, one can fly from Ho Chi Minh City or take speed boat from Soc Trang, a province of the Mekong Delta.
1. How to get to Con Dao from Ho Chi Minh City
The best way to get to Con Dao from Ho Chi Minh City is traveling by plane. You can choose to fly from Ho Chi Minh City to Con Dao with Vietnam Airlines or Bamboo Airway, these are 2 airlines operating the Ho Chi Minh – Con Dao route.
Vietnam Airlines is the only airline serving the line between Ho Chi Minh City and Con Dao Island. There are 3 departures per day and this flight takes 1 hour.
Flights from Ho Chi Minh to Con Dao
Book via website:
2. Con Dao Express 36 – Vung Tau to Con Dao
Con Dao Express 36 (operational since February 15, 2019) is one of the top three five-star high-speed boats that hold multiple records in Vietnam. This twin-hulled boat with four Rolls Royce MTU engines is designed to European standards with a power output of up to 2816 horsepower and a maximum speed of 30 nautical miles per hour.
Featuring Humphree anti-vibration technology and spacious compartments, this boat offers all the necessary amenities and is highly regarded among the list of Vung Tau Con Dao high-speed boats. Another valuable advantage is that the travel time for Con Dao Express 36 is very short, taking only about 3 hours from Cau Da Port (address: No.9, Ha Long Street, Ward 2, Vung Tau City) to Ben Dam Port in Con Dao – the main port of this archipelago.
On weekdays from Monday to Thursday: VNĐ660,000/ticket/way; senior citizens (above 60 years old) and children (6 to11 years old): VNĐ550,000/ticket/way
On weekends (Friday to Sunday), public holidays: VNĐ880,000/ticket/way; senior citizens and children:
VIP ticket: VNĐ1,2000,00/ticket/way
Book via website: https://phuquocexpress.com/
3. How to get to Con Dao from Can Tho – MaiLinh Express
The tourist routes to Con Dao are very attractive, especially the routes starting from the Mekong Delta provinces. In addition to the two preferred options of high-speed boats from Tran De port (Soc Trang) to Con Dao or from Vung Tau with a new high-speed boat service.
Mai Linh Express high-speed boats are equipped with the latest Mitsubishi engines and have an aluminum alloy hull made in Italy, along with a security camera system ensuring safety for nearly 338 passengers traveling at speeds up to 30 nautical miles per hour. Especially on Mai Linh Express boats, advanced anti-roll technology from Humphree (Sweden) is installed, making the operation smooth and superior. Additionally, the boat can operate safely in harsh weather conditions.
The boat departs from Ben Ninh Kieu, Can Tho to Ben Dam Port, Con Dao with a frequency of 2 trips per day. Passengers can refer to the schedule of Can Tho – Con Dao high-speed boat services.
Tourists can also find ticket information at Mai Linh Express High-Speed Boat Agency
or call: 0889211234, 0889271234 and 0916914566
or visit the website https://taucaotocmailinh.com.vn
4. How to get to Con Dao from Soc Trang
Traveling to Con Dao by boat is a great suggestion for cost-saving. 4uTrip will guide you on how to travel to Con Dao by boat in the most detailed and comprehensive way.
From Soc Trang, one can get to Con Dao by high-speed boat.
Superdong Boat to Con Dao (Soc Trang – Con Dao Boat)
Book here: https://superdong.com.vn/
Currently, Superdong Boat is among the top modern high-speed boats in our country with a fairly large capacity of over 300 passengers divided into multiple compartments and equipped with comfortable seats, full modern equipment, especially including a high-level rescue system for emergency cases.
The high-speed boat from the Mekong Delta’s Soc Trang province to Con Dao
The compartments on Superdong Boat are usually equipped with LED TVs, air conditioning, and free wifi. The VIP compartments also have full amenities like regular compartments, but customers are taken care of with more attentive and meticulous services.
In terms of safety, Soc Trang high-speed boat has the ability to operate well in bad weather conditions due to being fully equipped with features that can withstand wind speeds up to level 7. Superdong high-speed boat always prioritizes passenger safety while still ensuring the most time-saving travel schedule, departing from the right place on time.
Departure point: Because the high-speed boat terminal for Con Dao is Tran De Port in Long Phu District, Soc Trang Province, this is a suitable choice for those who depart from Soc Trang or the western region.
- The Superdong high-speed ferry currently operates 2 trips per day from Soc Trang to Con Dao and vice versa, departing at 8:00 and 13:00 respectively. The ticket price is only 310,000 VND per trip.
- The Phu Quoc Express also operates this route with one daily departure at 9:00 from Soc Trang and 12:30 from Con Dao in the opposite direction, with a ticket price of 320,000 VND per trip.
- The travel time by sea is only about 2 hours.
- For the Can Tho – Con Dao route, the Phu Quoc Express operates one daily trip from Can Tho to Con Dao and vice versa, departing at 7:00 from Can Tho and 12:30 from Con Dao in the opposite direction, with a ticket price of 660,000 VND per trip. The travel time is approximately 4 hours.
That is, after your trip to the Mekong Delta, you can go to Soc Trang City and take the high-speed boat to Con Dao Island.
Soc Trang is a province in the Mekong Delta in Vietnam. To get to Con Dao Island by boat, we can do as follows:
- Bus Futa Ho Chi Minh City – Soc Trang, departure at 00:30 is recommended. See Futas bus schedules here.
- If you leave at 00:30, you arrive at the town of Soc Trang around 5am. At 6:20 am a minibus from the Superdong boat company takes customers from the town of Soc Trang to the Tran De pier. This minibus must be booked in advance as space is limited. The ticket is 40,000vnd for the distance of 30km. If not, a taxi ride costs 350,000 – 450,000vnd.
- Take the Superdong speed boat that departs at 8:00 am and arrives at the Ben Dam pier of Con Dao Island after 2.5 hours.
- Minibus from the Superdong speed boat company from the pier to downtown of Con Dao: 40,000vnd for the distance of 12km and you must book minibus tickets in advance. If not, a taxi ride costs between 120,000 and 150,000vnd.Superdong boats are clean and comfortable.